Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ramos: "I would love to win the Ballon d'Or"

Real Madrid and 'La Roja' defender,Sergio Ramos, has said today that he feels he is at the "most important" point of his life right now, having become a father and putting in a "great season" with his club, in addition to winning the Champions League.
"I'm at my best. I've had a great year, both on a personal and professional front. Let's hope it continues for the World Cup in Brazil. The whole Spanish national squad have to give it every last drop of sweat", he said.
"I would love to win the Ballon d'Or, but honestly, I'm not even thinking about it. In the end, individual titles are achieved with the help of all your teammates. It isn't Sergio Ramos's 'Decima', it's everyone's. There are lots of people who have worked hard to win the title. It's been a great year for all 'Madridistas'".
Prior to being presented with the City of Seville Medal by the Seville City Council, Ramos admitted that he has nothing to complain about and that he has had some "really great" experiences this year, describing becoming a father as one of the "happiest" moments of his life, with the added "bonus" of the Champions League victory which "rounds the year off perfectly".
"This is the most important time of my life and the truth is that I'm loving it. I'm really happy about becoming a father and about having had a great season. Those things all add up and make you grow emotionally" the Real Madrid star

No comments: